Our Talented Maintenance Team!
There is never a shortage of capital projects to see accomplished at our sites as we continue the battle against deferred maintenance and seek to improve our facilities. Here is a partial list in front of us as we head towards the summer. Some of these projects are funded and many are not. Some have already started and some are a ways off from starting. But they will give you an idea of what is happening on this front at The Firs:
- The small cabin at South Cove (Firwood) is being renovated and will be put to use this summer.
- Four roofs need to be replaced on accommodation buildings at the Retreat Center.
- A water main that runs through the grounds of the Retreat Center needs to be replaced.
- A new fireplace for the main floor of the Chalet needs to be purchased and installed.
- A Firs house next to Fircreek is in the process of being re-purposed to serve as a Clubhouse for ASA and all of our Children’s ministries.
- A patio with pavers needs to be constructed below the Alpine Room along with a new stairway
- A good condition, used 4×4 truck/SUV needs to be found and purchased for Chalet Food Service usage.
- Sidewalks need to be replaced and more landscaping added at the Retreat Center.
We are so grateful for the help of our corporate sponsors who made it possible for proceeds made to go to help send kids to camp. The overhead for The Firs Golf Marathon was significantly reduced because of these gracious donors. Our event sponsor this year was Robinson’s Hardwood followed by our course sponsor, HUB International. Our cart sponsors were Church Mutual, Cigna, Larson Gross and Pioneer Foods. Our hole sponsors were Aqua Technex, Ben & Rebecca Kaemingk, Curt Maberry Farms, Hometown Values, Larry Steele & Associates, Lee Family Dental, Lynden Door, Pearson Construction, Salish Wealth Management, Thrivent Financial & Valley Market & Deli.